The Retail Team has been established to serve companies operating in the retail sector. Services of the team are primarily addressed to tenants and owners of shopping centers and similar facilities, as well as developers and construction companies involved in the construction of shopping centers and investment funds operating in the commercial real estate sector and fund managers.
Our advisors have the knowledge and extensive experience in handling companies operating in the retail sector.
Combination of practical experience with the knowledge of tax and accounting regulations allows us to offer specialist products, including:
- Tax reviews and identification of potential sources of tax optimization
- Verification and optimization of tax issues related to lease agreements
- Advising clients on correct tax treatment of improvements, renovations and modernizations of leased buildings
- Advising clients on correct tax treatment of rent-free periods or service charges
- Verification and optimization of depreciation write-downs by allocating higher depreciation rates, assessment of correct determination of the initial value of leasehold investments
- Verification of application of real estate tax rates and optimization of real estate tax charged on buildings, structures and land
- Implementation of procedures and optimization of settlement of stock loses
- Advising on tax compliance of employee benefits, events, and business entertainment costs.
The competency teams involved in projects for the retail sector include TPA Poland’s experts and advisors in tax, accounting, investment advice and real estate valuation, as well as advisors of our other business lines, in particular auditors and business advisors operating under the Baker Tilly TPA brand. Legal services are provided by attorneys and legal counsels of our law firm Baker Tilly Woroszylska Legal.