What investors & companies need to know!
What tax changes will 2021 bring in Romania? What should investors pay attention to in the future – and which decisions will benefit them? TPA’s experts have summarized the most significant tax news for Romania for you.
Romania: Tax Highlights & Updates 2021
We present below the main amendments to the tax legislation that would apply in 2021:
- Expenses generated by transactions performed with persons resident in a state included on the List of Non-cooperative Jurisdictions are non-deductible
- Corporate tax payers may apply the system of profit tax consolidation
- Dividends received by a microenterprise tax payer from Romanian legal persons are non-taxable
- DAC 6 compliance obligations are in place
- The withholding tax rate on certain types of income (e.g. interest payments, royalties, etc.) obtained by individuals resident in the EU / states with which Romania has concluded a double taxation agreement is 10 %
- The revaluation of the buildings owned by legal entities for local tax purposes is to be carried out at 5-year intervals